© 2016 Powered by DotGolf
The ISPS Handa New Zealand Women’s Open in Christchurch has forged a reputation of attracting the best players in the world and that is expected to continue in 2016 with players attending from the Ladies European Tour (LET), LPGA Tour and Australian Ladies Professional Golf (ALPG) Tour.
World No.1 Lydia Ko has been a central figure in the tournament’s success and now she is confirmed to return, she will be the highest ranked player in the field for 12 - 14 February but she is not alone in her world class standing.
The tournament has consistently attracted major champions and some household names from women’s golf:
- Member of the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Won the NZ Women's Open in 2010 to at the Pegasus Golf and Sports Club
- Won 84 professional titles including 4 major championships
- Regarded as one of the all-time greats of the sport
- Has only missed one NZ Women's Open since 2009.
- Swedish major champion (LPGA Championship) played in 2013.
- Four-time LET Player of the Year winner played in 2013.
- LPGA Tour star was No.16 in the world when she played the event in 2013.
- Five-time winner on the LPGA Tour
- Finished in the top four places in major championships on three occasions.
- Played the inaugural event in 2009
- Winner of the Ladies European Tour Order of Merit in 2009.
- A mad rugby fan and a keen follower of the All Blacks
And the list goes on... All in all, many of the world’s biggest names have come to the ISPS Handa NZ Women’s Open showing it is a tournament that is widely respected on the international stage.
More the Merrier
- Friday, 22 Jan 2016
Clearwater is one of the country’s finest golf courses and has been for some time, hence why they have been granted the opportunity to host the ...